I am a full professor at IMT Atlantique (campus Nantes) and a member of the Stack team (a joint team of Inria and LS2N). I received my Habilitation thesis (HDR) from the Nantes University in 2018 in which I proposed dynamic reconfiguration of software architectures (in particular for "Green Clouds").
I lead the think tank "Filière informatique nantaise" (created by the Nantes University, Centrale Nantes and IMT Atlantique) which aims to federate the main actors of IT training in the Loire Atlantique region.
- Head of the industrial chair "ArchOps" with Kelio (2017-2026)
- Column The Conversation "La chasse au gaspillage dans le cloud et les data centers" (in french), Jan. 2023
- Column L'Usine Nouvelle "Pour une informatique moins gourmande en énergie, formons les ingénieurs" (in french), Jan. 2022
- Habilitation thesis (HDR). Dynamic reconfiguration of software architectures: from metaclasses to "green Clouds" (in french). Université de Nantes, July 2018
- Best Paper Award - Conference CLOSER 2018 (8th Int. Conference on Cloud Computing and Services Science), March 2018
- Best Paper Award - Conference CLOSER 2017 (7th Int. Conference on Cloud - Computing and Services Science), April 2017
- Knight ("Chevalier") in Order of Academic Palms, a national order awarded by the French Republic, January 2016
- Head of a series of conferences on software technologies "Les jeudis de l'objet" (1999-2012)
- Involved in the development of the following software: WildCAT, FScript, CSLA
- Co-tutorial Chair @ ECOOP 2006 (20th European Conference on Object-Oriented Programming,
July 3-7, Nantes, France)
- OpenCorba : one of the first reflective middleware (1999)
I have been working in the field of software architectures for distributed systems since my PhD thesis. For 10-15 years now, I've been particularly interested in Sustainable Computing.
I am currently investigating self-adaptive component-based applications for large-scale distributed systems powered by renewable resources.
- Ongoing students : Pierre Jacquet (sustainable computing), Hiba Awad (Fog computing), Dan Freeman Mahoro (digital twins)
- Dimitri Saingre (13/12/2021) : Understanding the energy consumption of blockchain technologies: a focus on smart contracts
- Sabbir Hasan (03/05/2017) : Smart management of renewable energy in Clouds: from infrastructure to application
- Simon Dupont (26/04/2016) : Crosslayer elasticity management for Cloud: towards an efficient usage of Cloud resources and services (in french)
- Yousri Kouki (09/12/2013) : SLA-driven Cloud Elasticity Management approach (in french)
- Frederico Alvares (09/04/2013) : Multi Autonomic Management for Optimizing Energy Consumption in Cloud Infrastructures
- Marc Léger (19/05/2009) : Reliability of dynamic reconfigurations in component-based architectures (in french)
- Fabien Baligand (25/06/2008) : A declarative approach for quality of service management in service compositions (in french)
- Pierre-Charles David (01/07/2005) : Développement de composants Fractal adaptatifs: un langage dédié à l'aspect d'adaptation (in french)
Easy Website Builder